PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 47 import to UK
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2012, 12:33
RVDT

Location: After all, what’s more important than proving to someone on the internet that they’re wrong? - Manson
Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts
bvgs,

I do not know what motivates you to try and operate a 47 these days but here we go-

With the adoption of EASA and the changes that became apparent from that, CAP 747 has all the details. The overhaul calendar life has always been a Lycoming "recommendation" and the issue is how the NAA's adopt and enforce the recommendations. As the UK CAA now has to eat "EASA speak" it has adopted the EASA way things are done - hence the adoption of the calendar overhaul life.

Worms - CHECK!

Can - CHECK!

If you are still persistent and look at the Australian option as suggested be very very careful with Aussie modifications and adaptations. EASA compliance again. Anything incorporated and not EASA compliant will be extremely difficult.

built in Britain that she can't go onto the UK register
Well maybe ASSEMBLED in Britain. The UK register is no longer as unique as it was. Read EASA.

Even operators I have known in the past who have had huge internal support are struggling to keep these aircraft flying.

I have to admire your enthusiasm but...............................................

Scott's-Bell 47 now holds the Type Certificate for the aircraft.