PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is war likely with Iran? Consequences for EK?
Old 4th Mar 2012, 02:47
The Turtle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recall reading last year that the top 4 defense spenders globally where: US, China, Russia, and drumroll......UAE.?! I was shocked. Missle defense, aircraft, IT, etc.

Sure if the Iranians were stupid enough to attack the UAE (#1 trading partner) some missles maybe would get through (Aegis missle cruiser parked off shore?) however I guess their top targets would be: Long range, Israel and Short range, Bahrain, Qatar. Will make a helluva mess on Qatari gas fields. They even may loft a few Saudi's way since there's no love lost between them and likely the warplanes from Israel transited Saudi's airspace....

Day one of a all-out shooting war: Complete loss of all Irainian subs, surface ships, coastal radar, C&C inland. The straits will stay open. The americans have wargamed this for 30 years.

Within days the PR machine will say the region has stabilized....flights will return to normal, EK will march on. This is NOT Iraq, there will be no land battle, no year long air campaign.

Last edited by The Turtle; 4th Mar 2012 at 02:55. Reason: turtle's usual spelling errors