PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA v Fearless Phelan.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2012, 18:57
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sin, Spin and Witch doctors.

Aviation Advertiser – Phelan - Polar on the ropes? Not yet!
CASA Director John McCormick replied that Mr Butson was “a bit delusional if that is what he thinks the outcome of the court cases has been so far".
Butson is a fair minded, honest, hard working solid citizen who contributes to the countries economy, provides employment and training to future airline pilots, runs and minds his own business; very well indeed. I wonder who is the delusional party involved here. Certainly not WA Senator Alan Eggleston. At least one Senator is not complacently 'spin dizzy'.

AA_Phelan_Polar: It’s also true that Federal Court Justice Kenny struck out the claim against CASA and its Deputy Director Terry Farquharson (and others) on the basis, in broad terms, that CASA and its officers owe no duty of care to the public in the performance of their duties. (My bold)
I am certain that the Australian travelling public would love to see this statement spread over their Sunday newspaper. What in all the hells is the Government, Senate and press thinking. Certainly not that this statement will be made headlines at first (next) major accident.

Beginning with Monarch and ending with Lockhart River CASA have consistently demonstrated exactly this attitude. Response to Coroner recommendation Zero, response to ATSB recommendation Zero. Why?. Not only do they simply not give a 'rats', they simply don't have to, by their lights.

AA_PP_Polar: However CASA didn’t mention that Polar and Butson successfully applied for leave to appeal against this decision. In granting that application, Justice Middleton said that it was prima facie incorrect for Justice Kenny to have struck out the statement of claim on the basis that she did so without hearing the evidence. (My bold).
This is becoming a feature of any case where it's CASA v Some unfortunate. With the 'myth of safety' the carrot, the confused state of the regulations the stick and the tacit compliance of government (wriggle room provided) to ensure that not one night of sleep is disturbed by the truth, fairness or heaven forbid, common sense.

AA_PP_ Polar : In a similar recent decision in the Federal Court in Perth, on a successful application to extend time to file and serve an amended statement of claim against CASA for negligence, Federal Court Justice McKerracher agreed with the statement made by Justice Middleton regarding the liability of CASA for negligence, saying that CASA can be held liable, but the court must hear all of the evidence. (My bold)

"We" have been quietly working through some 250 odd items of interest related to publicly available 'evidence' from Coroner, ATSB, AAT and "Court" proceedings. It is interesting to note just how many needles are hidden under the 'haystacks' of paper work generated when the CASA boys 'get busy'.

Is time for the Public and their elected representatives (Politicians) to pay attention, become concerned and stop allowing themselves to be spoon fed on 'spin lotion' ??. I believe so.

Yep, the SS got one thing straight – someone's deluded, I wonder who??.

Last edited by Kharon; 3rd Mar 2012 at 19:13.