PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2012, 15:27
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shed that's an epic post.
BA also have over a hundred Airbuses in the fleet, many more if you take Iberia into consideration as well, who fly the A340 in addition to a sizeable narrow bodied fleet. BA also chose Rolls Royce for many of their B777s and the whole B744 fleet. In addition BA will operate the Rolls Royce powered A380 which by value is around 50% British.

I know you like to lead the cheers for MAN and I applaud you for that, but the Gulf carriers have advantages in employment rights and even basic human rights in their home states that I would be wary of cheer leading for. This very erosion of employment protection gives them a competitve advantage in flying long haul at a low cost that a European legacy could not hope to attain.

If you want to see how great and benvolent Emirates are behind the scenes, I refer you to the two incidents with the A340 on departure in which both came close to crashing due to overtired and inexperienced crews not setting the power correctly! There is something to be said for high cost and regulation IMHO.