PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 47 import to UK
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2012, 13:07
bvgs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bell 47 import to UK

Hi some of you may have followed my exploits in trying to buy a 47 in Venice and getting it back to the UK and also subsequently know that I didn't buy it in the end due to it's condition. I have been looking at some others, Swiss Register and South African Register, here is my problem. Although both have engine hours remaining they are over 10 years old( the engines that is!). Now if these machines were in the UK at the moment that would be fine, even if they had gone over their hours I believe it would also be fine as an extension can be granted. The problem is that I am told the CAA won't allow them to go on the "G" register because of the engines being over 10 years old, even although they may still have 400 hours left on them. Does anyone know a way around this, an alternative register or is it simply not possible.. The one in Switzerland is an ex-British Army one (Westland Bell) so the "N" reg isn't an option but not sure what their ruling would be on the 10 year life anyway. Thanks for any help!

Last edited by bvgs; 3rd Mar 2012 at 13:46.