PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice requested
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2012, 10:06
Samson12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice requested

Hi all

First post but a long time spectator of pprune as I think most people in my position are!

I am coming towards the end of my second tour in the RAF rotary fleet. I have, after much thought decided that where I want to be, eventually, is flying as an airline pilot either from Manchester or with a company that would lend itself to returning to south of Manchester where my family will live. I would be happy to work anywhere as long as I could get home for a few days between routes.

I understand that probably the best way to achieve this would be to get a crossover onto the fixed wing fleet and serve out my commission until 38, 9 years from now in the RAF when I can take my immediate pension.

The RAF may not be this accommodating and if they won't offer a crossover then I am at the stage where I will PVR with my current hours, ivo 2000hrs total, 1300 P1 and 600 PiC.

I'd appreciate advice as to what you think my plan of action should be and which airlines I should be looking towards to achieve the above.

I know it won't be easy but I need to know that it's possible.

Thanks