PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS350 Astar/Squirrel
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2012, 02:11
EZY AIR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ezy Air,

All this was discussed on Page 6 of this thread, from post 111: way back in 2003!
No it was not, the information there is all about the NG cycles or C1 or N1 whatever you call them. I’m after the Np or Nf or C2 cycles I never once asked for the NG cycles as I can understand how to work them out.

To answer your main question, yes the N2 referenced is your Ng. PITA to come back from a sling load or similar sortie and try to guess how many times you've decreased power to <85%Ng, or above 98%Ng and then factor the 0.1 or 0.3 cycle count! Really, who is watching the Ng that closely when your head is outside flying?

Well with an AS350 BA you would know that to get an NG under 85% you have to have the collective on the bottom stop and some will not go below 85%NG even then, so almost no need to look at the gauge then! But I bet if that’s where the collective was then you might just have your head up! and well Max power pulled each time you pull lots I said Lots of power you’re kidding me, you don’t look at that, you only need the max power pulled for the total flight, twenty take-offs what was the max power pulled? That is not too hard to remember for me anyway.

Then there is <70%Ng and back above 98%Ng for a complete cycle instead of the .1 or .3. Again, if you are bottoming the lever to attain those figures then you've more on your mind than watching the Ng gauge yep have to land and pull the throttle back for that one so it’s easy don’t retard the NG below 71% piece of piss.

Re your second question, the start cycles will be factors of 1. What else could they be? 0.6, 0.7 0.8 but not 0.85 maybe?? That’s why I’m asking!! With words like to the value of 1 from the French translated to English something could be lost!
So am I using the Ng gauge for the F2 partial cycle for the Np logging formula?