PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Use of TOGA with Flex speeds
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2012, 11:30
de facto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst I understand the logic of reaching the Flex V1 speed sooner on the runway with TOGA thrust, hence greater remaining stopping distance, I would like to ask about the decision to stop or go. It would seem you could end up in a situation, with TOGA thrust but Flex speeds, where you stop above what would be the normal V1 for that thrust setting. Any comments on this?
Read my post!
I said in my first post that using toga with atm speeds may be safe but wrong...wrong as the speeds dont correspond to the thrust ..call me pedantic.
Id rather use the most correct speeds for the thrust used...if you reject at your higher v1 speed (atm) with full thrust and blow a tire,you will then have to explain why your v1speed at which you rejected was higher...in that case you should have continued,,,,,hence the parallel with the v1 speed correction for wet runways
For your second question, your V1 is higher but your stopping distance from point of reject will be same as no atm because actual outside air is what counts.(TAS really).
You obviously in that case have a very long runway and light weight.