PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Meeting Virgin Blue Minimums
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2002, 01:57
hvy 18 wheeler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Isn't it funny that you cry fould, that the system is working against you..
As you are probably aware a number of DJ's crew paid for their flying tuition, sat their ATPL subjects like good girls and boys and took off into G.A with no idea if they were going to be taken on to maybe fly , Hmmm lets see, a cessna 210 if they were lucky. They prodded thru this early existence, getting pissed on friday nights at some pocal pub where all the cool senior pilots hung out ( like the ones who flew cessna twins or maybe even a turbo prop) to find that eventually one day they too would find themselves in the left seat of a twin. Do you see a pattern here my friend......

Then a little company announces its intention to recruit and base pilots in Brisvegas and to everyones shock they will have 737;s and yes even more shocking, they will be recruiting from the bottom of the barrell also.

So all the hard years doing what everyone else did has paid off for all these people and they now find themselves flying either with DJ, QF, CX etc etc etc.

Funny that while you chose the path of big shiny aircraft that made ****loads of noise when they departed the airport you now fail to find yourself inside one................

Pardon the irony here friend but maybe you should have just done what every other pilot has done and stayed at home and got some local hours instead of running off to get all that experience you obviously didn't need in the end.....

Man i love my job