PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2012, 07:48
Robert G Mugabe

With regard to business at EGNT. The airport is a gateway into the region. So I would suggest it must "cut its coat according to the cloth". (Prov.*to plan one's aims and activities in line with one's resources and circumstances)

The NE is much worse than most other regions for...

1. Those in receipt of out of work payments.
2. Children having underage pregnancies.
3. Young adults not in education employment or training.
4. Working age adults wanting paid work , with low pay or those with limiting or long standing illness or disability.
5. Older people with limiting or long standing illness or disability.
6. Communities in fuel poverty.

That is from the poverty.org.uk website.

From the BBC

Middlesbrough has the highest rate of unemployment of any local authority in the UK at 14.3%. The region also has the lowest employment rate in the country - 65.9% - with the rate falling significantly in the past year. The North East also has the highest economic inactivity rate with one in four people not contributing to the economy.

Finally to correct my earlier post ,from the FT.

This reflects the North East’s above-average dependency both on direct public sector employment – accounting for one quarter of its jobs, according to official data – and also on public spending which supports swaths of voluntary, creative sector and private sector employment.

In summary tell me how a weekly New York service is viable.

Andrewmcharlton and jensdad dont be thin skinned old boys!

Last edited by Robert G Mugabe; 1st Mar 2012 at 10:13. Reason: Correction to previous post