PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CABAIR - General discussion for those involved.
Old 29th Feb 2012, 11:56
Flaymy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The damage to the brand to the brand was done.
The brand had little left to damage. I did my training many years ago, and was irritated by their management (I must emphasise that this was a management problem; I know of no criticism of instructors) even before I learnt that there was often an "S" added to the name of the company.

The irritation I felt is quite relevant here. They tried to sell me an integrated course, despite the fact that I had nearly 200 hours already. They never even mentioned modular courses. They never gave the option of paying in more than two instalments. So I saved my money, and went to a school that allowed me to pay much less up-front and of course much less in total.

The point is G-STRX is blaming people here because they persuaded others not to be as foolish as he was. Had he done sound research before spending an eye-watering amount of money (I was wary of spending half that!) then he would have known that integrated courses are ridiculously costly, are not appropriate for most people unless in some sort of scheme aimed at a particular employer, and that Cabair had a bad reputation on the commercial side.

Very sad that he lost an extra £15k, but by human nature it is almost inevitable to throw good money after bad, to think that without that little extra £15k then the original £64k is wasted.