PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CABAIR - General discussion for those involved.
Old 28th Feb 2012, 22:31
Shaft109

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Homework, due diligence.......it pays off

I recently attended a selection / assessment day with the 'new' Cabair.

Quite impressed with the presentation and zero bull**** style.

'Passed' the selection.

Whilst waiting for quote I found out as much as possible about the school from yes, pprune, but also contacts, aquaintances, and by driving down to Cranfield on a day off and having a nosey without telling the school mystery shopper style.

I couldn't get on site but did see 3 DA42's parked although none moved anywhere.

Alarm bell 1. All the aircraft were leased. Don't know why but it struck me as just a little odd.

2. Quote didn't allow for paying in installments (£3000) at a time.

3. Massive thread on here about Cabair having difficulties as little as 2 months ago.

4. The quote was for the bare minimum hours, app fees and as much sim time as possible.

5. The sage advice NEVER PAY UP FRONT - for anything.

6. A gut instinct that I can't put my finger on from the above.

The result is I saved all of my cash - I'd like to point out that I'm not gloating at the thread starter who lost all his money - but I question why he or she simply didn't keep the money in their bank account if they had that much sitting there earning yourself interest and transfer it as and when required.

I just can't understand the logic; moreover I was in the actual process to give Cabair my money so I'm not a keyboard warrior on this one. Actually I did give them £179 last month but I'll put that down to experience.

Looks like I made the right decision then.