PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2012, 17:30
ncleflights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
10 DME ARC - You say that the NYC route is not the be all and end all to airport management, however the evidence clearly states that it is. As I have already posted at every opportunity the airport management at press releases and interviews devote a huge amount of time to stating how important this route is. Back in October Mr Mason stated in public that securing the NYC route was the number one priority! securing no other new route is ever given a mention. If that is not evidence enough I dont know what is.

I do fully agree with you though that a route to NY is important to the region and the with the right airline would certainly work all the data gathered and stats we have to hand prove this . However until the economy picks up I think a route announcement is unlikely. Personally I think that AA was the wrong airline for the route when it was announced back in 2005 perhaps if we had waited the extra year when CO had available aircraft to start up on the route we would not be having this debate now as we would be having a successful scheduled service to NY, but hindsight is great I suppose.

With regard to Mr Parkin and the emirates route I also now from my time at the airport who was key in securing this route so we will have to agree to disagree on this one I am afraid.

GAXLN - Piltdown is obviously a complete idiot and very ignorant and has not got a clue what he is talking about the best thing is to ignore him his post really does not warrant a reply