PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Pilot Recruitment 2012
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2012, 09:51
737Jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
euro's indeed and no possibility at all to move from Lisbon to London base. You will have to sit out your 2 year contract and at the end you may or may not get a new contract in LIS.(maybe then you will get the ability to bid for other bases)

Easyjet is upgrading 100SFO's this year into LGW. These courses have been filled and there is capacity for more courses in unforseen circumstances. Last course runs in May. They are not desperate for experienced captains it seems. These SFO's have more total hours than previous years as the growth in easyJet has slowed down over past years. Time to command is somewhere around 5,5 years now (starting as cadet) and rising quickly.
Easyjet hasn't taken experienced FO's for years so this number would be very correct.

Latest rumour I heard today is that easyJet has gotten rid of 23 trainers due to less training demand foreseen. However it then seems these trainers have been replaced by external consultants who are cheaper.

Adm should be able to shed more light on the latest.

Btw fleet size winter 2011/2012 = 204 aircraft vs winter 2012/2013 = 204 aircraft. So NO GROWTH.
Maybe over summer we have couple more airplanes to boost profit due to timing of delivery vs end of lease contracts.

Also easyJet has no aircraft orders beyond 2015 I believe. This year they will supposedly make a decision on new replacement orders, 737max a320neo or bombardier c-series. The airline is maturing.

I'm not sure why this thread is running but I don't see any potential for DE recruiting.

Last edited by 737Jock; 28th Feb 2012 at 10:22.