PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the job prospects for new CPLs? (MERGED)
Old 27th Feb 2012, 16:56
Camp Freddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canadaheli,

My personal view is that it is completely unrealistic to embark on a career like this and to expect weekends off.

I started flying professionally in 1998, and have never had consistent weekends off, although once it did happen for about 6 months because I was on the flexi roster and the fixed roster was supplying all the weekend shifts.

Typically even now I am working about half the time on the weekends.

I have seen more than 1 Christian kick up a stink about getting every Sunday off and not succeeding.

While you are paying for the hours, treat yourself have every weekend off, and why not have every Friday and Monday off too if you like.

As soon as you are being paid, no chance in my opinion, and another thing, you really can't set Barriers like this and expect to be taken seriously, all it does it make you look like your commitment is low.

You will be up against others who don't careless about weekends, I was once a flying school manager and the most junior instructor tried not to work weekends, he soon became an ex instructor with that school

Good luck CF