PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest T's & C's and stories in Oz GA
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2012, 07:40
mali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest T's & C's and stories in Oz GA

Been many years since I posted on this forum and I'm very out of touch with the Oz GA scene. However, with my bro deciding to take the plunge () I'm trying to reacquaint myself with what he may expect for a typical path forward were he to travel up North for a few years for some hour building. I'm sure its changed a lot since I went through the North Western nurturing!

What are the latest salaries for GA pilots up north and if you are able to throw out a few examples of how you personally have enjoyed things, been screwed over, still live in hope or have thrown the baby out with the bath water, it would be a great start and I'm sure a great laugh.

What is a 'typical' career path for new pilots in Oz for there first few years? 15-17 years ago we all needed 1000 hours 206 time before being allowed to start two engines at once. No less than 4-5000 hours would open the door for an interview with a regional..... have times changed? Forgive my apparent naivety, I left Oz 12 years ago and have not looked back!

Cheers in anticipation of some good stories.... mali