PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New 'Aviation Minister' after Monday?
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2012, 12:38
bigbrother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'fraid I beg to support the previous point of view on this one. The problem is not any particular party, but the complete apathy of the Australian voting public. You get the Govt. you deserve, sadly. In any other country we would be rioting in front of Parliment demanding something approximating good Government, and heaven forbid, leadership. WE as a nation have to get off the roundabout of Govt. sending the country into debt, then the replacement Govt. (major party) tightening the belt for it's few years in office. It is the dumbing down of society (consipircay theorist at work here), supported by evidence of reality at work.
The conspiracy is that we are now generally working harder to pay for all the debt that was conspired against us by Politicians in cahoots with the big end of town. Banks being my case in point. After the big melt down not one banker anywhere in the world (to my knoweldge) has been held accountable, and that's despite Trillions being poured into a seemingly black hole whilst said Bankers continue to score big bonuses, consultancy fees and on it goes. You know the rest. I for one was hopefull that the 'Occupy New York" thing was going to go fully viral around the world, alas no. We haven't seemed to awaken yet to what is really going on. As for Australia, until the Chinese, Indians, and other foreign interests have raped us for everything we're worth, we will be left hungry. Hunger is the factor that awakens a country to it's govt. It's why Europe subsidises it's farmers. WIth many wars, Europe has felt hunger, and whilst they still havent quite got the Govts they deserve, they at least know how to voice thier disgust at what they do have.

I seem to have got on my high horse here, but I have written to ministers, including Zenaphon to congratulate him on brining attention to some of the aviation issues he has addressed. I have also written to my local members and visited them to strenthen my point of view. Having asked around my collegues, none have bothered, yet still whinge about the state of the system. QED.