PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - eligible to work???
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2012, 19:03
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, why don't you say what nationality you are, it makes it much easier for people to give you advice.

You might be from a country, where getting visa is very hard to work in some countries in the world.

Also when you call the consulate you need to know what questions you must ask.

Example. I am nationality A, I want to get a job in your country X, what do you require for me to get a work permit in your country?
Do I need a work permit in your country?

Also contact the actual company and ask them, do you employ pilots from your country A? If so, if accepted will your company provide a work permit for me in country X!

Example very easy, you from USA, and want to fly in EU, it is nearly impossible to get a work permit, unless special cases like married etc, the same vice versa, from EU you can't get work permit in the USA as a pilot.

Same goes for Australia, EU pilot will not get work permit in Australia.

It all depends what the company tells you, however if they tell you that you must be eligible to work in country X, and you don't have work permit there already, this would exclude you, because they want people who already have the right to work there, so they do not need to do the paperwork, which again cost the company money.

Companies will normally specify nationality eligibility, language requirements, if they tell you that you must get your own work permit, forget it, because this have to be done by your employer.

You seem to be digging around the same hole, and reluctant to give out any useful information to be able to give you fair advice.

If you need a work permit, you must ask company if they will accept you with your nationality. Any useful consulate would be able to tell you this to, as long as you get to talk to the right person, if not some search on Google will give you immense help to, loads of immigration help forums that can help you.

Also the countries website, consular section, would maybe also provide you with some information.