PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moving up from 1 Pilot CJ4 to 2 pilot Citation 10
Old 24th Feb 2012, 08:09
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
His advice was, no aircraft is fundiamently too hard to operate. But fly them as they are supposed to be. Fly a C172 like one, and an MU2 like an MU2.
Mhhh....canīt say much about the X nor the MU2, but there seems to be a pattern in MU2 accidents and a higher accident rate? Wasnīt the FAA to mandate special training?

I had the 'pleasure' to fly with an owner on his MU2 for about an hour and I did one of the two landings. It was perfect weather but I remember being thankful that my boss liked the B200 better than the rice rocket.

Flight Safety used to have a relatively high min hour threshold (1500IIRC) for training pilots in the Sovereign (which is easy to master IMO) - isnīt the same thing there for the X?

I once had a very interesting lecture in CRM, where a psychologist explained how it comes that we use a very small core part of our brain when in emergencies.(what used to be, say, a bear to run from) When your brain goes into that mode, the chances that your brain canīt get to the special training you had for a certain aircraft, but reverts to basic training scenarios, is high. His words, I find them plausible and that would - to me - explain why airplanes such as the MU or the MD-11 have such a high accident rate in special regimes where they obviously are different to handle.