PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2 months left to new work hours guys... do this now...
Old 23rd Feb 2012, 09:07
Boing7117

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dr Rob Hunter, Head of Safety, British Airline Pilots’ Association.
Missed an opportunity to make it clear that, by the time passengers and crew are disembarked, immigration cleared, baggage collected and customs cleared, the rest period may commence before leaving the airport and that transport to HOTAC is taking place within the rest period.
Basil - I'll have to find the exact time it was discussed on the Parliamentary TV website, but Dr Hunter was asked in some detail about this by a member of the panel. The panel member said she was trying to "get a handle" on the actual FDP times and Dr Hunter did state quite clearly that the rest period included the above activities.

The other guy, representing UNITE also added that some hotels can be between 30-45 minutes, in some cases an hour away from the airport. So, I think the panel got the idea.

David O'Brien tried to draw a very poor comparison between a factory worker and a pilot, but I was rather pleased to hear him belittle his own comments when he said the only difference would be "the pilots car would probably be bigger". Ridiculous statement. I actually half agreed with O'Brien on other comments he made. Shame he made such a silly comment so early on. I'll put it down to nerves!