PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways expansion plans - 60/70 expat captains required .
Old 22nd Feb 2012, 17:51
Vc10Tail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"they need pilots, Kenyans are available, they should do whatever is required to enab

Captn Play Station:you have had fun to add sarcasm above but it is not called for. You certainly quoted me out of context.This is what I wrote:
"Kenya Airways has a social obligation to look for solutions to employs its available and talented local cadre before seeking european or other pastures." It is about social obligation to employ QAULIFIED local pilots ..am sure was the unequivocal intended message."Professionalism" or lack there-of can be determined once a job is offered!We are not judging each others' professionalism in this forum.It is a forum for addressing grievances, sharing rumours, raising awareness and hopefully sharing in concord knowledge that can help us further our industry.I may have left out other objectives, but am sure that is the general gist.We are not here to put people down per se.

How many people do you know at KQ (and it is obvious you are an insider) that have whizzed through those tests (which if you are privy to their details as I have discovered some do, and therefore better prepares them for the same) only to fail at the simulator OPC or line training stage?Is it fool proof then?...? Importantly, does it turn away more potential pilots than it takes in? KQ HR will answer that for you.Recently rumour had it that a pool of two dozenful of experienced pilots (whose credentials were respectable by any "professional" industry standards) did not make it beyond the psychoM stage..bar I think one.And those were highly experienced pilots who have safely managed several real life in-flight emergencies behind their CVs.Just pause for a moment to digest that.Is the system to blame or the individual?

Last edited by Vc10Tail; 22nd Feb 2012 at 18:15. Reason: syntax grammar