PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlantique cadet scheme
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2002, 10:21
SBA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
J-Heller & Aerobatfink,

There is a scheme running at the moment and I can only repeat the existing advice to call AFT and find out for yourself what it is all about.

A few relevant points are that the training is fully sponsored (No financial input required from the pilot), reasonable accommodation and living expenses are provided by Atlantic and if you can hack it, there is a guaranteed job at the end of it.
I believe that currently there is a requirement to remain with the Company for 4 years after completion of training.

As for prospects, the information I have is that there are currently ten Electra Captains and three DC6 Captains at Atlantic who have graduated from the scheme. Few, if any, of these are older than 30, and most are clearing about £55K per annum.

For a small company it would appear to be a pretty good deal when compared to some of the dodgy schemes run by the LCC's and majors.

Of course there will always be those that just don't have what it takes and then blame the rest of the world for their shortcomings. Perhaps PUSHTU ??