PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private run 787 Simulator Questions
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2012, 02:17
jknights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Private run 787 Simulator Questions

I'm considering a business proposition to import and build a medium cost 787 simulator to be operated out of Brisbane, Australia; the first privately owned 787 sim. I'm expecting to fork out up to $200k for a worthwhile simulator that will be open to both the public and hopefully the corporate Airline world (this will be the biggest challenge!). It will be a full cockpit, non moving simulator and 180 degree visuals. Jetstar is taking delivery of their first 787 in 2013 so I would like to have it running before then, while the new aircraft is still the talk of the town!

I'm looking for some help with some questions to gauge if it is worth my while:

1. Would you be interested in flying a full cockpit 787 for a cost between $150-$250/hr? and would you travel to Brisbane for it?
2. Is there a section in professional pilot training that Airlines would consider using this for (for a low hire cost)?
3. Do you think universities offering aviation courses would benefit from this... will the 787 become an 'entry level' aircraft that new pilots would begin their career in?
4. Is there any other target markets you can think of that I have missed?
5. Is there any particular requirements the simulator would need to attract the right people?

Thanks for your input!