PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career change possible?
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2002, 16:30
Kefuddle_UK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To get a taste of what I mean, and this may seem a little crazy, but try it as an experiment - when you get some time off, set your alarm for 0430, go and scrape the ice off your car, and drive for an hour. Come back, sit at your computer, start up FS2000 or whatever, and do four sectors, say Heathrow Glasgow or Heathrow Brussels and back followed by a Nice and back. Oh, and use the autopilot - but make sure you monitor the instruments constantly. Give yourself a forty minute turnround on each - but no cheating - don't leave the room. Turn the vacuum cleaner on for that authentic turnround ambience. Read a newspaper for ten minutes if you're bored. For lunch, (usually after third sector) scoff a crappy microwave meal in five minutes flat. After your fourth sector go out to the car and drive for another hour. Now your home. Repeat for five or six days. Have two days off, and start all over again.
Excellent stuff Max, but a forty minute turnaround? I thought the pros could do it in thirty A serious question for you though: would you pack it in at the drop of a hat to take up a new career in IT then?

Dave,

I seem to remeber the CAA telling me in the pre-requisites for the Class 1 that no laser surgery is permitted. Again, maybe somebody can clarify??

Cheers,
Kef.