PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career change possible?
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2002, 13:37
mpala

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I work in Information Technology, and also feel discontent about my current career. I am 26 years of age, and wish there was a route into Aviation. Unfortunately, I don't have a PPL, but I did do quite a few hours reaching solo standard but had to cut short due to financial reasons. If there was a definite route, then I could pick up where I left off.

I read in the local paper that Easyjet were offering sponsorship via a third party FTO but it turns out I'm too old for this (as they wanted people UNDER 26 years of age). Not only that, but they want academic genuises.

A long time ago, my mother gave me an article from one of the womens magazines; which interviewed a 40 year old bloke who decided at the age of 31 his career as an I.T Manager wasn't for him, and started learning to fly via a modular route which saw him accomplishing his CPL at the age of 40. He managed to get a job flying for a Cargo Carrier, as they preferred older people (who were more likely to stay put) rather than the young early 20 somethings who would use this as an hour building route to the airlines.

I don't know if this is still the case with Cargo Carriers. Does anyone in here know ?