PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Magazine
Thread: Pilot Magazine
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2002, 07:48
Hairyplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot

Dear Under The Weather,

I am sure it is frustrating that the current Pilot team/ editor have not been goaded into a response by this thread.

However, think what would happen if they did. They have a magazine to run and - by the responses here - need to commit themselves 100% to the job rather than dilute their attentions elsewhere.

It is clear from the vitriol in some postings that the persons submitting them may not have an impartial view.

Heads rolled for business reasons. It is a tough world out there. Decisions made by the owners of the magazine - now facing competition that din't exist when they bought it - are hardly likely to please everybody.

Anybody posting here that wasn't directly involved in the why's and the wherefore's can only make a value judgement.

I am a businessman with a love of aircraft. I have read Pilot since Pontius was on the team. My loyalty is with Pilot. However, I take the others too and enjoy them all. Pilot and TP ( I have no axe to grind with Flyer) have featured my aircraft, new and old, over the last 18 months - I totally enjoyed working with both magazines - all nice guys committed to aviation.

It is obvious that the Pilot team will trawl through this thread very carefully - identify those who have constructive comments to make and get on with job of making an excellent magazine even better. However, dont expect them to stick their heads above the parapet.

The last issue was really good (I am too biased about the Nov. issue to comment! )

HP