PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commissioned Crewman Leaders
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2012, 07:29
globefan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For my money Isaneng and Q-Ski are bang on. We need to move away from the protectionism issues exhibited by MAcr and focus on the longer term aspiration of nurturing WSO (Cmn) through to SO2 level (and beyond?). This will allow proper and sustainable representation for the cadre at the higher levels which, as already stated, cannot be achieved at MAcr rank, however much that hurts egos. However, to achieve this a number of factors need to come together. Firstly, the system needs to select the right individuals. Certainly wasn't always the case in years gone by. More recently - has the ratio between good and bad improved? I guess we all have an opinion on that. Secondly, a clear path for JOs to advance along to achieve SO2 (as a minimum) needs to be thrashed out, and I mean outside of the traditional ldr role. Like it or not the system has enough MAcr to fill those posts. Where else can the service get something back for throwing PAS at all and sundry in the early years? The onus lies with the hierarchy on all the Sqns - they need to wake up and realise that if there is a requirement to have Commissioned representation at the higher levels then they need to be developed over a number of years. Those already at that rank will not be around for ever, and the building blocks therefore need to be in place for the future. As an aside those at SO2 should be helping the new breed not pulling the trapdoor up behind them!