PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirPhilExpress 320 off the RWY...Video from Inside
Old 17th Feb 2012, 03:01
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if their brakes caught fire. You can see the CFR kind of heading towards the tires and then pointing at them. They really are lucky that there was some room at the end of the runway for them to come to a complete stop.

The late PA announcement is very telling. It shows that the flight crew were most likely very busy trying to salvage an approach that was obviously very unstable and therefore forgot their normal duties, i.e., the cabin PAs. I can't understand how cabin crew can't tell when landing gear is deployed and they should take the initiative to seat people. Had people still been standing, or in the lav makes your chances of surviving an overrun quite slim.

I guess you get what you pay for. LCCs in all of Asia are scraping the bottom of the barrel for air crews willing to work for peanuts, and this is the end result. You know that if a carrier is so tight on funds that corners must be getting cut everywhere.