PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2 months left to new work hours guys... do this now...
Old 16th Feb 2012, 13:44
leonard sky nerd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The market is as big as the demand. Artificial inflation is a poor long-term strategy. It is far better to expand jobs organically by working in a safe, efficient industry providing the product people want at the right price.
Yes, that's all very well, but the low cost airline expansion over the last 17 years hasn't followed your business model.

With FTLs regarded as some sort of efficiency target not as a limit, perhaps Flight Time Target would be a more appropriate title.

I would have thought that with more pilots, a company would be able to reduce the annual quota of duty hours allocated to each pilot and therefore reduce fatigue.

I suspect you might be working for the wrong people. I trust my CP, and I trust my Accountable Manager. That is why I work with them. The pilots work with ops whenever there is doubt, to come up with schedules that we can safely fly - and it is the pilots as much as ops who are frustrated by the illogical restrictions of CAP371. Funnily enough we want to fly, that is why we are in this game. We like our work.
lucky you, we don't all have this level of trust and respect.