PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2 months left to new work hours guys... do this now...
Old 15th Feb 2012, 23:47
Flaymy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jstflyin
Who is we?
A small GA company.
If something becomes EU law and makes it possible to have pilots work more/harder disregarding safety you can bet your that it will be imposed on you - soon!
Nope (even ignoring your mischaracterisation of the law; it does not disregard safety at all, and for many countries it will mean tightening up of some FTL practices)

I suspect you might be working for the wrong people. I trust my CP, and I trust my Accountable Manager. That is why I work with them. The pilots work with ops whenever there is doubt, to come up with schedules that we can safely fly - and it is the pilots as much as ops who are frustrated by the illogical restrictions of CAP371. Funnily enough we want to fly, that is why we are in this game. We like our work.

Also we have been told exactly this by our FOI, that we will have to apply for any changes with a safety case. It will be decided by the FTL team at the Belgrano.
At all possible is, as is safety, relative and a matter of definition.
Is this nonsense or irrelevant to the discussion? Depends what you mean, and the sentence is ambiguous.
This statement is absurd.
Nope. It not only makes sense, it is actually pretty obvious.

I am quite aware of why unions exist. I am also quite aware that the reasons they exist are part of history - which is why they are going extinct outside the public sector, where there is still profit in extortion because of the ability of governments to survive insane inefficiency. I am also aware of the damage militant unions do to an industry, including aviation. My union gives me some legal protection. If I ever need a lawyer then they will back me. That is it.

leonard sky nerd
thought more jobs was what we all wanted
What makes you think that? We want to fly for a living, and do so well which will, of course, help the image of the industry. The rest is up to someone else.

The market is as big as the demand. Artificial inflation is a poor long-term strategy. It is far better to expand jobs organically by working in a safe, efficient industry providing the product people want at the right price.