PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 15th Feb 2012, 14:11
pudoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You'll find the answers if you do a search but from what I've been reading over the couple of months I've made my own opinion.

The way to look at it jobs are the hardest part of being a pilot. Some integrated schools are good at placing all their pilots at airlines but it could be years before they do. I know somebody who went to CTC but took him 2 years to get on Flexicrew with easyjet. So yeah the school helped him with placement. So there is a slight truth that you may get a job quicker integrated, but there are plenty of stories on this forum of people who haven't after years and years of completing an integrated scheme, and stories of people who have jobs within 6 months after training on both modular and integrated.

In my opinion, airlines don't care if you went integrated or not but you'll find some airlines typically only take integrated but it's not a choice of who's the better pilot, it's about business, time and money or they have kind of cadet scheme.

Either way you'll get a job eventually but anybody that tells you you will defo get a job purely because integrated is lying for your cash and when they say 'we help you with a job' nobody tells you how long you have to wait for that job and I doubt most companies care after you've given them all their money. I suggest you stick to just one modular school if that's your route tho and don't think integrated produce better pilots than modular, that's what they want you to think and there's no truth in it.