PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 15th Feb 2012, 13:57
DavidM747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Integrated over Modular

Firstly this is my first post on the forums so hello everyone!!

I am currently doing my PPL (almost skills test ready) and have decided to look further ahead to the ATPLs etc. I attended an FTO this week (which shall remain nameless). The purpose of my visit was to see what their ATPL ground school facilities were like. I work full time so my intentions are to do my ATPL, CPL ME/IR via the modular route. This is also so that I can fund my training.

This particular school, in a nutshell, were telling me that if I don't go through the integrated route, the chances of me getting any airline job at the end of modular training are very very slim at best. Apparently airlines will always look at the integrated students over modular students. Is this really true?

I was wondering if anyone here has either completed or know someone who has completed the modular route and has successfully gained airline employment? Or even anyone who knows how airlines recruit and whether there is any weight in what this school was saying?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/views/experiences in regards to this.