PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet make £72m profit
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2002, 15:34
Engee73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I might venture an opinion

Most of this discussion in the negative seems to suggest that the pay deal is held up by a lack of funds. I don't think that this is the case. The pay deal offered by the company is a pay rise for GO (or rise in T's & C's) and a cut in same for easyjet pilots.

I think the sticking point in the whole negotitation is a rostering agreement. With a decent rostering agreement we might be prepared to cook ocassionally and accept the 3% that is being offered. Without it our heels will dig in and lets face it we are only asking for something reasonable in the light of accepting the abuse of CAP371 for the last several years to get the airline into the position that it is now. There are in fact opportunities for win/win in terms of cost if the management arre serious about exploring different rostering practices.

I do not wish to compare myself to a surgeon because I can't do his job and he can't do mine. In fact the only similarity I can think of is that they (the surgeons) are also in a dispute over pay and conditions!

End of opinion!