PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CDS Vs Hoon
Thread: CDS Vs Hoon
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2002, 10:04
Farfrompuken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Civvie,

your ill-informed comments disgust, dissapoint, but don't surprise.

The state-controlled media (believe it) have done a good job in keeping the public suitably ignorant of the funding/equipment/manning crisis within the armed forces, and their impact on our capability.
The net result is that pink bodies are placed at increased risk to achieve the same goal. 'Acceptable', since TC Blair is prepared to 'Pay with Blood'. Hurrah!! We always get the job done, mainly a triumph of commitment and professionalism, over all the odds. 'Best armed forces in the world' my @rse, but best personnell, maybe.
We're all volunteers, doing a job we all(?) love, and feel proud of representing our country defend it's territories and interests whever that may be. Bush is quite correct in his concerns. That's why we're there. No flag waving, mate.

I'm not angry with your post, more sad that the media have allowed the public to become this ignorant. Celebrity Big Brother will get a bigger interest than any coverage of the forthcoming campaign. All part of the grand plan to mis-educate the public to such a level, that vital issues can be swept away with little concern from the voters. That's another topic, however.

CDS, top comments. TC Hoon needs to sort his life out and represent us, not destroy us.

Coup? Count me in.....