PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA's Latest Tv Advert
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2012, 02:28
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
jerboy I take your point but, if I see the Apple logo, it does not make me want to buy or support it, any more than the Microsoft one does. When I see advertising for brands I already like and purchase, it does not make me want to buy them any more or any less.

Of course, new brands must impress themselves until they are well known and old brands need to tell new generations about themselves, such as a well known brand of Cola!

This advert is novel in it's theme and it does it well and I congratulate all who made it. If I was on the Board of BA, my question would be: How many people will watch that and immediately repeat to any who would listen, about the time we lost their suitcase? It is, of course, a question that cannot be answered.

As to the Olympics, for which this is directed, I agree with OntimeexceptACARS and fear that the people who will make the money are not the most deserving. The distraction to UK govt and resources, the disruption of daily life for hundreds of thousands of people is not worth the billions of debt. I saw today an article that funeral directors in North East London are getting very concerned that their cortèges will get re-routed and blocked by the special lanes. Of course this is denied by the good people arranging everything.

End of JB style rant.