PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA strikes again - with video evidence
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2012, 20:54
Frank Arouet

Location: dans un cercle dont le centre est eveywhere et circumfernce n'est nulle part
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kindly inform us about Bill Lord's "prang at Tocumwal" and its relevance to your argument. Thanks.
Bill and another CAA (I think it was then), did a departure presumably on instruments to the west and pranged into a Blanik destroying the Bonanza, themselves, and damaged the glider. I can't remember whether that pilot bailed out at low level or rode it to the ground, but I did met him a few years back. Bill Lord also instructed me on the Bonanza back in 1976 and I know him personally. I didn't post his name to harm his memory.

relevance to your argument
The Bonanza was owned and operated by The Authority and both pilot's were employed in a flying capacity by The Authority. They simply represent one of the tragic episodes all marques of The Authority and added to the record.

I said before, just about all the incidents/ accidents The Regulator had to deal with, probably any one may not have the same consequences for a private operator, but so many over so long a period points to some kind of systemic failure.

I don't think they operate any aircraft now, so they can be educated by the past on some issues.

Nobody has challenged the claim that The Regulator by any name has the worst aviation record of any operator in Australia.

Finally for Merv, Bill Lord was a highly experienced pilot by anyone's measure, yet he still succumbed to human error. When your students eclipse his flying record you can boast to me then with your assurances. In the meantime buddy, I do agree with your sentiments about dumb pilots doing dumb things, but you still haven't given me any indication of what the alleged offence was. That simple point may get a lot of people off your, and CASA's back.