PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job with Norwegian on a Parc contract
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2012, 09:04
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I ask a simple question of the permanently employed Norwegian pilots.

Has a mechanism/ understanding been reached between the pilots, their unions , & the company, for this recruitment ?

Both Rishworth, & recently PARC, are now proposing 3 year contracts . . . . I don't know if these are on the original terms advertised a few months ago , or whether these have been reduced to reflect the longer contract / stability (?) being offered.
Confair have also advertised this vacancy (expressing a preference for Training Capts) although I suspect they may just be fishing for C.V.'s.
PARC now give the base as "Europe" previously they quoted Malaga only, Confair say Spain & Finland & Rishworth say Northern & Southern Europe.

So, has anything been agreed with the "full-time-employees" ? or is this contract likely to be disrupted/cancelled due to industrial action by the full time employees, are the likely participants seen as "Union Busters" ?
Curious, as the contract isn't bad at all compared to some out there, but seems to be taking time to get going.
I am also surprised at PARC readvertising it, as last time around it was only advertised for around 7-10 days, offering T's & C's that were good enough to leave me surprised at the need to re-advertise again.

Don't shoot the messenger ! however I would be interested to hear the Norwegian guys take on all this, particularly the "3 year" development.