PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France Cancels Collective Labor Agreements
Old 8th Feb 2012, 06:52
drfaust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok gents I don't want to get in between an AF fistfight but, come on, isn't a long haul FO usually a very senior FO with loads of time in the company that will put him well up the salary scale? The same is the case with LH and with KLM, ofcourse there will be loads of senior FO's on long haul that might end up earning more than some CPT colleagues on SH due to seniority and specific working conditions.

How is that even comparable? Why should lowest basic CPT always be higher than highest basic FO? This way at least your gradual pay increase is insured whether or not there will be CPT positions to fill. Quite fair if you ask me.

And by the way do not forget, KLM pilots make alot of money. Probably one of the sweetest deals around at the moment, yet their company is in much better shape. I would guess it is exactly due to the reasons described by AF jock: overhead. Anyone that believes any different should have a good hard look at this industry.

A captain once told me that if we would go around with our pilots hats in the cabin asking for donations we would get paid alot more money than the company is ever prepared to give us. If this industry keeps going this way and we keep on thinking every strike is unjust and scandolous, we might have to.