PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer
Thread: BA Cityflyer
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2012, 22:50
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think NQY, GCI & JER could all work on the E170.
Does make you wonder why BA havnt picked up the ex SZ LCY-NQY route, from what i understand the loads were always quite good, surely it could be operated on an E170 ?
The yields were not great and it cannibalised the Gatwick service, and we all know how that ended. Not sure a jet on such a short route is the best way to make money. I mean let's face it, Newquay was hardly a roaring success from LGW last time BA tried and it is very seasonal. The best you might get is a thrice weekly summer route. Guernsey is already overserved into London with flybe and Aurigny battering lumps out of each other and Jersey well served from LGW with both BA and flybe.

What is, perhaps, noteworthy, is they've opted for two new destinations that are firmly in the territory of CityJet's LCY network which now has a large number of regional French airports.
We now have :
Pau, Brive, Avignon, Deauville and Toulon with CityJet now Quimper and Angers with BA. It's all getting terribly French in docklands. I wonder if this is the beginning of an attempt to actually force CityJet out.