PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CABAIR - General discussion for those involved.
Old 7th Feb 2012, 19:56
Uncertainofposition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Domino Theory

gpn01

Whilst peddling my sorry backside up from 300' in the bonsai twin on a single wheezing Rotax, the absence of all the light blue Cessnas on the back row became increasingly albeit slowly apparent. It was the domino effect so often seen in these cases. WAC expended a lot of time and AVGAS training for their parent company that was never allegedly reimbursed due to their going in to administration. Not surprisingly their collapse took WAC down with them. They in turn presumably had unmet outgoings to the airfield via BAFC, or whatever they are called this year, hence their interest in acquiring them.

The majority of the singles were leased, hence the tumbleweed now blowing around the almost empty back row. Furthermore of the two Duchesses, which were always a bit tatty and getting longer in the tooth than one of Buffy's friends, Charlie India needs an awful lot of TLC and Charlie Juliet had half a wheels up and may not be an economic rebuild. As the former had what my erstwhile instructor euphemistically explained to me as a negative rate of climb on one engine she may not be much missed. If the Tecnam Twin can get my hefty carcas and an examiner up to circuit height before turning crosswind on one microlight engine, then I have seen the future, and surprisingly it seems to work.