PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in Spain
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2002, 18:42
despegue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finished my training at Airmed and was happy with the result. Airlines are not at all looking where you did your training, it does not matter to them, the only thing they want to see is a good simulator ride and aptitude tests.
Spain is a wonderful country to fly in.
Be careful about Aeromadrid. They are based at Quatro-vientos which is by far the most dangerous field in Spain!!!(way too much planes and students wh speak ONLY spanish...) Plus, Quatro vientos is not IFR equipped.

Adventia is a good choice too, nice and modern planes and good quality instruction. The problem is that there aren't a lot of big airports around the corner, as we had in Valencia (Airmed).

Bae Jerez is of course excellent, no doubt about that, but you pay a lot too...

Anyway, I would opt for Bae or Airmed. Why? Well, both Valencia and Jerez are International Airports, I did my first solo amidst Lufthansa,Iberia,Sabena, Alitalia taking off or landing...!!! I flew regulary to Barcelona El Prat with a P28R, did Malaga, was number 37 for landing at Palma (but got a straight in as number one!!), Flew to Sevilla with the Cessna at FL105 surrounded by the most beautiful mountains, hopped to Ibiza and buzzed the beach and did a missed approach in Bilbao due to couds below minima... (so far for the "only fair-weather trainig").
Compare that to the UK...!!

Oh and the best part still has to come... Sangria and Patatas Bravas!!

cheerio!