PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France Cancels Collective Labor Agreements
Old 5th Feb 2012, 08:50
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depends how you calculate that. If you can use off days as part of the whole vacation deal, for example in a fixed roster where you have to take only 5 days vacation to get 12 days off in a row (3 days off before, 5 days vacation, 4 days off afterwards) you do not need as many vacation days as in deals where you have to take every day you want free of work (apart from the usual off days) as vacation. Off days a month do vary, however in central europe a minimum of 10 to 11 seems the norm, some airlines have considerably more. Usually only a small part of those are requestable, somewhere between 3 and 8 days a month, the rest is planned by the company.

As i said, in central europe 13 months paid is about average, some countries require 14 months per law, in others it is just the usual amount of pay any worker receives. Personally i would prefer 12 months paid as it is better for tax reasons, however the same amount per year of course as with 13 months.

We have to accept though that work rules and regulations differ a great deal between countries, therefore some rules might sound lavish to us where they are absolutely normal in other countries within europe.