PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA 777 off the rwy at EDDM
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 16:04
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is another issue there. Before we can use a new runway in our route network for real life LVP approaches we have to fly a certain number of autolands during CAT I conditions or bettter for evaluation. If memory serves right it is about 20 or 30 autolands with each aircraft type, there is a reporting form for each autoland and we do track every autoland through our journey log anyway.

And of course the normal autoland to get the aircraft back to CAT II/III status after maintenance action or degradation of the autoland system. Apart from that as noted above we can do autolands at the PF discretion at any time, however i probably wouldn't try that in MUC as their localizer deviations are know to be pretty violent. Except during non-peak times where one can actually get ATC to keep the protected areas clear.

What marktabs observed above is pretty typical for MUC. There is often a very big difference in visibility between both runway, in my experience the northern runway is usually worse off than the southern one, but there is always the odd exception where it is the other way round.