PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Renewal of UK ATPL from the ME
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 07:57
captainsmiffy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Renewal of UK ATPL from the ME

Am totally confused following telecon, backed up with e-mail, to the UK CAA reference renewal of my ATPL. Their constant referral to LASORS reminds me of why I became a pilot instead of a lawyer....

My situation is that I left the UK in '07 with an EMB145 rating on my UK licence. I did the Airbus manufacturers type course, written exam and PPC in Toulouse, prior to repeating it in DXB. Am now rated 330/340 and 380 on my UAE ATPL. UK licence is up for renewal in July and that is approximately when my 145 rating expires (5 years). Do I need a type current on my licence (one of the chaps that I flew with recently was relating how he does this but it seems to be at odds with the CAA, or maybe they weren't giving me the full story?!).

Also, since I did the manufacturers course, can this be put on my UK licence retrospectively (the test was done with a Brit at Airbus whose name escapes me right now but might be a UK TRE).

Would appreciate any advice here as it seems to be a minefield - and the last thing I need right now is to go back to Europe to try to sort out renewing the 145 with no intention of flying it again right now.

Furthermore, what happens with the UK IR? The CAA seemed to be telling me that if it lapses more than 7 years then the writtens are required again (horror!!) Why is it that I can renew my PPC/IR and fly a super into LHR and yet the IR work every test is unacceptable to the UK CAA?

Cheers