PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Thread: GLOUCESTERSHIRE
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 07:37
EGCA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess the aviation world was different in 1997 and airlines could afford to start services from Sheffield City with a degree of optimism, and maybe just a little of "fingers crossed behind their backs" attitude.

Not now though, and as Phileas rightly mentions in an earlier post Staverton is right by the M5 so there is good communication for pax to Bristol and Birmingham. Manx2 have I suspect been quite cautious in deciding to offer Jersey flights this summer in addition to their current IOM service.

I dont expect Gloucestershire ever to see a rash of passenger services, and I suspect neither do the airport authorities. Having spent the money on the RESA work they perhaps see their way ahead as being mainly business and commercial operations, with just a modest amount of public transport flights if operators see a clear demand, as apparently is the case with Jersey, where I think they have teamed up with a local travel agent, which probably guarantees a certain level of patronage.

Again I say good luck to EGBJ and hope that it prospers, in whatever way it decides to go commercially.

And by the way, has anyone tracked down any images of the completed RESA work?

Thanks.