PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch -2
Thread: Monarch -2
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2012, 17:18
jet2impress

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably a little biased here as I work for Jet2. But here are a couple of observations I've noticed..... I can't remember the last time I got on one of our a/c when a toilet was inop. But this does happen. Are you seriously trying to suggest that Jet2 have 1 inop toilet on each of their a/c? Hum?

I have flown with Monarch in the past and do recall seeing a few cabin 'trim' issues that needed rectifying. Flew on an A300 a couple of years ago to find the fwd toilets inop (not sure if it was actually inop or just for crew convenience), a large section of carpet was missing from the aisle in the mid cabin... maybe 8 rows worth and the other side in the same location there was a large bump/ruffle/trip hazard in the aisle carpet! On another a/c, an A321 I think, the locker above me was taped up with 'gaffer tape' I guess the latch was u/s and all the floor level lights that were mounted in the sides of the seats had ADD stickers on them, I'm not sure if it was on both sides of the aisle or not. The A321 on the return flight seemed tidy and I didn't notice any issues. The thing is, ALL airlines will have little things like this that are carried all the time and Monarch are not immune to these problems either.