PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - eligible to work???
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2012, 17:06
Clintonb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eligible to work???

Hi everyone

Hope you guys and gals can help me out. put aside experience in flying my question is how do you find out if you are eligible to work in a particular country?

From my understanding you have to first land a job and then go with all the paper work to the consulate of what every country you plan on working in, show that you have landed yourself a job being a pilot for X company that are hiring you and then they do the whole processing check to see you got not criminal record see if the company is legit etc etc etc

But i see a lot of airline companies big and small asking whether you are eligible to work in their country

So how do you go about finding out whether you can work in that country or not. I'm sure you cant go to the embassy and say "Hi i would like to work in this country as a pilot i don't know what company yet but am i eligible"?

On one hand i understand the company wants to know first if you allowed to work in their country before they go through the whole process and then find out a month later you cant work for them but on the other hand i don't think an embassy is going to give you info on whether you allowed to work in a country without the proper documentation on the company and work that the company requires from you.

Any help on this would be great.
Thanks again and have a great day and safe flying