PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Media *ucking MORONS!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2002, 01:45
Gnadenburg

Received 93 Likes on 41 Posts
Joint intelligence and joint military ops are the first line of defence against terrorism. Defence signals intelligence, SAS, ASIS etc. Top Secret. No media discusssion here.

Second line. Police and ASIO. Civil libertarians can make difficult. They tend to aid those who take liberties against our freedoms.

Last line is the cumbersome defence of soft targets like airports.

At the moment, our airports security in question. An awakening to our complacency, through debate and media, will eventuate in better protection afforded to all.

Airport security is expensive. Who will pay? Take note of the VB Sydney terminal. The security situation bare minimum. Why? Dollars!

I fell the only effective defence against a well organised terror threat is the aforementioned first and second line. Good airport security, the result of their initial spectacular success, would have them look at softer targets.

Every few years a maniac like Martin Bryant pops up. The first and second line defences useless. A Martin Bryant, using religious justification and acting independently, would see airports/airlines the perfect target.

Thus the need for x-ray machines and heavily armed airport police. A useful, but probably not effective, last ditch defence against Al Queda too.

I feel our Northern approaches poorly defended. Using the arguments of some above, I am guilty of treason in almost inviting invasion by stating the obvious!