View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2002, 22:02
tightcannon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oK guys I promise i am sober this time.
The joining rules seem to have changed in the last 15months re VB
Here are some tips

1. if you know someone get them to recomend you
there are rumours about a minimum of three recomendations yet I know someone who didnt know anyone and just got the nod.

2. i know its arrogant but you are being watched by ex and current workmates, given that VB now has ex Ansett, NJ,Qantas,Flightwest, Skywest, Rex, Kendell, Hazo's, ******, sunnies, Eastern, Southern, ASA, Airnorth plus most of the large charter companies. dont forget that there is more to VB than pilots, I know people who have got in by being recomended by ops, tele and office people. So when your name comes up hopefully someone will recognise you.

3. Try and speak to A.Y but do not hassel her as she is flat out

4. Go to the hammo on fri nights

5. Maybe even to to the overnight hotels in other states just to meet people,

6. If you are flying around the country try and fly VB and ask to see the cockpit after landing just to meet people

7. If you have time try and have lunch down at the cafe at the bottom of the VB building you never know who is eating lunch there.

8. As to the ATPL employment rules, thats life you can do nothing to change it get on with passing the subjects.

9. For you older guys dont lose hope VB seems to employ a lot of 40+ guys

10. for those of you with heaps of experiance i can only comment that nearly all of the ex Ansett guys are highly respected and several are now check and training, there is probably some quota system in place with experiance ect. Maybe the problem that you need to overcome with mamangent is that maybe they percieve that you wont be happy being an FO for a couple of years and you will leave on the first available contract. How you get around this one ???????????

11. I guess at the end of the day VB is a social airline and one that is firmly entrenched in the aviation community, its sort of like playing social tennis, you need to get out and meet people so as to broaden your horizons to get better matches. its up to you if you want to do it.

12. Find out about the endorsement process in melb. they might even have some inroads

13. if anyone wants more info you can email me at my tittle where the letters exceed EGT