PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Jumeirah villas
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2012, 18:04
InnocentBystander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wanted to have some more insights into the Jumeirah area as it was not really what I was expecting
They've showed me a Villa in Jumeirah during the interview as well and when I joined three months later everyone was being put into temporary housing... For 9 months! And then put way into the desert. Yeah it depends...

So, yes, best would be to just come over, enjoy company housing for a while, get to know Dubai and then make an informed decision.

We've spent a few years and then opted out and are super happy. But that's us, others have stayed in and are happy too. But then we didn't do it for the money and we don't need a four-bed villa.

For maximum QoL it's probably good to ask for accommodation in Umm Suqeim or Jumeirah (Villas only) and for the best villas (But quite a bit out of town) for Silicon Oasis or Layan.

Locations for apartments are all good except 21st Century, those apartments are very dark and small. Preferably the one's on Sheik Zayed Rd. Millennium used to be a bit off the path but now it's getting much better with a lot of shops and restaurants opening in Executive Towers.

Good luck!